To be successful in affiliate marketing, there are a number of things you must know before you earn your first affiliate marketing income. Below is a list of things to not when starting out in affiliate marketing:
- There is no signup cost when registering as a partner to help promote and support a brand via their affiliate package. This means that you can sign up for as many affiliates program as you want at zero cost
- When starting out it is in your best interest to target affiliate programs that are out to market products and services that you are familiar with.
- Companies look to partner with individuals or companies with established blogs/website with good online presence. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you have a functional website with good traffic before you venture into affiliate marketing.
- Another important factor to note when starting affiliate marketing is that although you might have total control over the information you share on your platform as an affiliate, you have to strictly adhere to the conditions put in place by the merchant.
- After signing up, affiliates need to know how to generate affiliate links as they are a very important aspect of the business